The name Zepol comes from my family’s last name, which is Lopez (put it backwards and you’ll see what I mean) and that is exactly what you will find here, a mix of old and new memories while we all grow up together. A big family!
Getting to know My Sweet Zepol!
This is a place for life, food, entertaining, gardening, crafts, style, making memories with those around us, while on a travel or two or simply at home. A place where we can chat, grow, get inspired and feel right at home.
My mom was a stay at home mom, she has an immense love for her family and food was most of what she did. Even as she was growing up, she was the cook among her sisters (all six of them and two brothers). They still talk about those days and agree that she is still the queen when it comes to food. My dad has a very sweet tooth and has passed that down to me. He baked from scratch, there was no other way back then. Now we have a wide variety of pre-made foods, but in the good old days, it was all about fresh produce. I just love that!
Growing up in a household where all the family near-by would gather up to have a fine homemade dish or some coffee and many goods laughs, made me desire that same environment for my own girls and husband. That is one of my goals, that one day my girls would look back and want to replicate their memories around the kitchen with family and good friends. The other goal I have is that you will be inspired and wish for an environment like that one as well; and if you already have it, enjoy it to the fullest and pass it down for many generations to come.
My Sweet Zepol has two parts, here’s one:
Hi, I’m Wanda and I have a wonderful husband with two precious girly girls that are just growing up way too fast for my liking. LOL. While in my 20’s I was diagnosed with cancer; Carcinoid Cancer. A very rare cancer for my age and lifestyle. Nevertheless, with God’s help and will I am feeling better now, full of life and energy to conquer the world. Always praying for an opportunity to grow up along side with my girls and that is exactly what I’m doing! Growing older with the ones I love and doing what I love too, cook and feed everyone that is willing to have a bite!
When I’m not blogging, I’m still cooking or baking something for my family and friends. My husband and I teach a weekly home group (from church) in our house. Most of the sweet dishes I make are for them to enjoy. That is our other part of the family and those poor ones are my guinea pigs that test taste most of my dishes before posting them here. Thanks, you guys for all your love and support!
Now for the other half of MSZ!
Hello! Many of you may know me as Paloma; Wanda’s oldest daughter. So let me formally introduce myself. I am a high school student who’s adventurous and loves to experiment with new things, whether it’s new classes or new recipes. Over the years, it seems I have adapted my mother’s love for baking and sense of creativeness and innovation.
I am beyond grateful to be a part of the MSZ team, and can’t wait to start sharing with you some of my favorite recipes, beauty and style tips and more along the way. There’s lots to learn about what goes behind the scenes of running a successful blog. And let me tell you, there is a LOT to learn! But I’m sure I’ll soon get the hang of things.
I’ve been watching and assisting my mother through her journey of life with this blog. From content curation, to photo editing, to events and so much more. I’ve unknowingly been preparing for these next season in my life as a new contributor. If someone told me 8 years ago that I would one day be a part of My Sweet Zepol, I would have told them, “No, that’s my mom’s job!” (I was about 8 at the time). But I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.
Here are some fun facts about me!
- Yes, my name is Paloma and it means dove in Spanish.
- I’m 5’6″ and yes, I wear heals and love them!
- My favorite color is Blue.
- Love styling outfits and trying on new makeup products and learning new techniques.
- My hair has more curls than Shirley Temple’s, LOL, maybe.
- I’ve dyed my hair from blue to fuchsia and back again. It’s a mermaid thing!
- I am lactose intolerant and I’ll be sharing my favorite dairy free recipes with you.
- I’m a high school student.
- I’m in Honor and AP classes, and the Debate Travel team too.
- Aiming to become a Chemical Engineer and attend MIT.
- I’m a dog lover and own a Yorkie named “Pandora”, because she’s all fancy!
- Have a younger sibling.
- Was born in Puerto Rico, growing up in Florida. Yes, I also speak and write in Spanish.
- In my playlist you’ll find a range from musicals like Hamilton, songs from the Beatles, Artic Monkeys and if I’m falling asleep I’ll be listening to Fall Out Boys.
- I fuel on coffee and biscottis.
- I’m a Disney girl! Disney is where I fill my tank with magic.
- I love watching Turner Classic Movies and Hallmark Mysteries.
- The show Friends is always on replay. LOVE!
- Next will be Gilmore Girls, wink!
It thrills me that you are here, joining me in this culinary journey where we are all one community. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!