Today is St. Patrick’s Day and this breakfast dish is suited for the Irish in you. Some of the dishes the Irish community enjoys are cabbage and potatoes. Here is an inspired Irish breakfast that is super easy to prepare and will have you dancing Sean-nós (a traditional solo Irish dance).
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the potatoes and cut length wise in half.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss until every potato is well seasoned.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Toss half way to prevent from browning too much on one side.
- In the mean time, add a drizzle of olive oil to a small skillet and cook the egg to a soft over easy (or as preferred). Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Using that same skillet add the shredded cabbage and spinach. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Cook for about 5 minutes or until spinach and cabbage is wilted to your liking.
- Plate everything and enjoy.
Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 493mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
This recipe was made for one serving, but feel free to double it to your desired serving size. Working from home means eating most of my meals alone, that doesn’t mean that it has to be boring. This potato, cabbage, spinach and egg breakfast is packed with flavor, color and made for champions. Go make it for yourself or for your family.
Here’s an Irish blessing for you to enjoy today and everyday.
May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light,
May good luck pursue you each morning and night.
May luck be our companion
May friends stand by our side
May history remind us all
Of Ireland’s faith and pride.
May God bless us with happiness
May love and faith abide.
— Irish Blessing
Side note: You can add some cilantro if you wish, I did because I am a Latina and love cilantro in just about everything. Plus, the Irish will agree that something else “green” is always good.
Hope you enjoy my twist on some of the ingredients (cabbage and potatoes) the Irish loves to eat. Now, share with me, what is your favorite St. Patrick’s Day inspired dish?
Hi there! I’m Wanda – the creator and author at My Sweet Zepol a healthy food, travel, and lifestyle blog. Passionate about food photography, food styling, entertaining and advocate about creating memories around the kitchen table. With a mission to create easy-to-make meals for the busy family.