Piña Colada Biscotti is a refreshing biscotti reminiscent of the tropical drink. Perfect to welcome a warm season and the combination of flavors that can brighten our day. This post and recipe was created for #EasterSweetsWeek. I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Piña Colada takes me back to my roots. As a Latina I had the opportunity to study in Puerto Rico for college and grow along side my large family. Pineapple and coconuts are just about everywhere and the inevitable piña colada drink is enjoyed on a very regular basis. That’s why there’s not surprise that I am sharing a fun twist to bring those flavors on a classic treat like a biscotti. Here, let me show you how I made it, it’s super easy.
- 4 1/4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar, I used Dixie Crystals Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto or Brandy, can be substituded for rum or omit
- 3 tablespoons Pineapple Juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Coconut Extract
- 1 cup Dried Pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 1 cup Pistachios, or any other nut of choice, chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prep two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixed combine the softened butter and sugar together until well combined and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time. Mixing well after each one.
- Stir in the Amaretto (or Brandy), pineapple juice and coconut extract until well blended.
- In two or three intervals start adding in the flour mixture.
- Toss in the dried pineapples, sweetened flaked coconuts and pistachios (if you chose to add in some).
- Cover mixture and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough in 4 equal parts.
- Form each piece of dough into a 12 inch log shape on a lightly floured surface. Place two logs onto each cookie sheet, and pad down until they are about 3 inches wide. Note: They should be at least 2 inches of space between each log.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until firm but not crisp.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the biscotti bars on a cutting board, and use serrated knife to cut into 3/4 inch wide diagonal slices.
- Return the slices to the baking sheet cut side down. Return to the oven an bake for 8 minutes.
- Then turn the cookies over, and bake for an additional 8 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Cool completely, and enjoy! Store any left overs in an air tight container.
Spring is here and what better way to bring that very anticipated warm weather feeling into our hearts than with a tropical treat. Make this Piña Colada Biscottis and enjoy with your favorite drink. For my husband that’s coffee, for my girls is milk and for me it could be tea. Either way, you’ll love them!
Here are some of my favorite biscotti flavors and I believe you will love them too. Try the Almond and Cranberry Biscotti or the Mint Chocolate Toffee Biscotti, or both! Call some friends over and share some biscottis with them. Trust me, they’ll love every bite!
For this post I used some amazing products and I can’t leave without giving them a shout out.
Dixie Crystals – Sugar and Silicone Baking Mat.
If you don’t bake with a silicone baking mat you should give it a try now. It makes a huge difference in the end product. Let’s just say, you’ll love it!
This post is part of an celebration. What’s better? Maybe nothing else other than there’s a giveaway and more recipes bellow. Stay a little longer and welcome to this year’s #EasterSweetWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of Springtime and Easter dessert recipes! We’re sharing tons of treats this week plus a few fantastic giveaways! You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
This year we have are 28 fantastic bloggers participating in this year’s Easter dessert event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of great Springtime and Easter themed dessert recipes with you. With over 75 sweet dessert recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to want to save some of these recipes to make again and again! We even hope that some of these recipes end up in your Easter recipe keepsake collection! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving one (1) winner 5 different extracts including a bottle of Pure vanilla and a color pack.
Prize #3 — Rainier Fruit is giving one (1) winner a box of Apples and some wonderful Apple themed goodies from Sur La Table
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner a Anolon® Vesta™ 9-Inch Square Baker in Cobalt Blue
Prize #5 — Microplane is giving one (1) winner a Twist & Zest, grip & strip and a classic zester/grater
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from Marh 26th – April 1st at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Check out the amazing #EasterSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Cakes & Cupcakes:
- Parsnip Cupcakes from The Spiffy Cookie
- Almond Peach Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Pastel Zebra Layer Cake from Nik Snacks
- Coconut Cream Cake from Miss in the Kitchen
- Cadbury Caramel Cream Egg Creme Bruelee from Sweet ReciPEAs
- The Best Egg Custard Tarts from Comfortably Domestic
- Creamy Blueberry Pie from Delightful E Made
- Strawberry Donuts from A Blender Mom
- Carrot Cake Donuts from Eat Move Make
No Baked Desserts:
- Peanut Butter Pinwheels from The Domestic Kitchen
- Malted Robins Egg Cheesecake Dip from Life’s Ambrosia
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #EasterSweetsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Rainier Fruit, Anolon and Microplane! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #EasterSweetsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.