Apple Caramel Crumb Pie is a twist to the all traditional apple pie. With a crumb topping and a caramel sauce dripping down its sides making it all around delicious. This post and recipe was created for #EasterSweetsWeek. I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
There’s just nothing quit like a warm apple pic with a spoonful of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a good cup of coffee. Right? We all love apples and the many kind of dishes we can enjoy them in. Here’s a high top apple pie with a crumb topping and caramel sauce dripping on its sides. It’s crunchy, sweet, tarty, creamy (because of the caramel) and oh so perfect! Here, let me show you how to make it.
- 1 2/3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Sugar, I used Dixie Crystals Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Coarse Salt
- 3/4 cup Butter, cold, unsalted, cubed
- 4-5 tablespoons Ice Water
- 6 to 7 Apples, I used Rainier Fruit (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup Sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, or Apple Pie Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 12 tablespoons Butter, unsalted, cold
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar, I used Dixie Crystals Sugar
- 1/2 cup Quick Oats
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 jar Caramel topping, (or more)
- In a large bowl; mix flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Roll the dough starting at the center and working outward. When fully rolled out, loosen with a spatula and lift the pie crust into a 9 inch pie pan. Tip: You can roll the pastry over the rolling pin, lift it onto the pie pan and unroll it.
- Gently press the dough against the corner of the pan and tear off any excess dough. Then tuck under the edges and go around the pie pan pinching the dough to crimp the edge.
- Line pastry with foil, fill with dried beans and bake for 8 minutes. Once baked, remove foil and weights and bake for 5 more minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the pie filling: In a bowl; mix the apples, lemon juice, granulated sugar, apple pie spice, flour and salt.
- Finally, add the apples to the prepared pie shell and top with the crumb topping.
- Bake for 60 minutes, covering the edge of the crust with foil so it won't burn too quickly.
- Remove the pie from the oven and our the caramel over. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Enjoy with a spoonful of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream; some coffee and others around you to share this greatness of a pie with.
My daughter is lactose intolerant, so we kept some of the pie without the caramel sauce and served it with a delicious dairy free whipped cream. You can also add nuts over the crumble, like walnuts. That will take this pie to a whole nother level of goodness.
For this recipe I used two different apples from Rainier Fruit. The Organic Lady Alice and the Organic Honey Crisp. They blended perfectly among themselves and the help of other ingredients like sugar from Dixie Crystals making this apple caramel crumb pie heavenly. There were so many other apple recipes I wanted to try, but ran short on apples. My kiddos kept on eating them. This kids! LOL. But, don’t worry, as soon as I get my hands on some more apples I’ll share with you other sweet and savory dishes.
In the meantime lets chat about something mega important, a giveaway and where else you can find recipes #EasterSweetsWeek inspired. Like this Pink Lemonade Crumb Bars and Piña Colada Biscotti, I made during the week. Keep on reading there’s more below.
Welcome to this year’s #EasterSweetWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of Springtime and Easter dessert recipes! We’re sharing tons of treats this week plus a few fantastic giveaways! You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
This year we have are 28 fantastic bloggers participating in this year’s Easter dessert event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of great Springtime and Easter themed dessert recipes with you. With over 75 sweet dessert recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to want to save some of these recipes to make again and again! We even hope that some of these recipes end up in your Easter recipe keepsake collection!
Check out the amazing #EasterSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- M&M Marshmallow Cheesecake Apple Dip from Big Bear’s Wife
- Apple Caramel Crumb Pie (me) from My Sweet Zepol
- Apple Blueberry Crisp from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Easy Lemon Pudding Bundt Cake from Love and Confections
- Easter Butter Mints from Nik Snacks
- No Churn Blueberry Muffin Ice Cream from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving one (1) winner 5 different extracts including a bottle of Pure vanilla and a color pack.
Prize #3 — Rainier Fruit is giving one (1) winner a box of Apples and some wonderful Apple themed goodies from Sur La Table
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner a Anolon® Vesta™ 9-Inch Square Baker in Cobalt Blue
Prize #5 — Microplane is giving one (1) winner a Twist & Zest, grip & strip and a classic zester/grater
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from Marh 26th – April 1st at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #EasterSweetsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Rainier Fruit, Anolon and Microplane! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #EasterSweetsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Hi there! I’m Wanda – the creator and author at My Sweet Zepol a healthy food, travel, and lifestyle blog. Passionate about food photography, food styling, entertaining and advocate about creating memories around the kitchen table. With a mission to create easy-to-make meals for the busy family.