Spiced Chocolate Monster Truffles are sweet, with a hint of pumpkin and melts in your mouth perfectly. You will want to make them over and over. WARNING, they are super addictive. Yes, that good. This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Make these truffles for any event or potluck. They can easily be made the night before or even a couple of nights before and travels nicely. Think party favors. Chocolate truffles are great party favors, who doesn’t love to go home with something sweet? I know we do! We’ll walk you through the chocolate truffle making process.
- 12 ounces Milk Chocolate Baking Bars, divided
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin, canned
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin, canned
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Ground Cloves, dash
- Baking Cocoa
- Candy Eyeballs, (from Wilton)
- cupcake liners, (optional, from Sweet and Treats)
- Finely chop 10 ounces chocolate. Place in a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine cream, pumpkin, and spices; heat just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours.
- Finely grate remaining chocolate; place in a small microwave-safe bowl. With hands dusted lightly with baking cocoa, shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in grated chocolate. (Mixture will be soft and truffles may flatten slightly upon standing).
- If desired, melt unused grated chocolate in a microwave and use to attach eyeballs.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To make these spiced chocolate monster truffles even more spooky and Halloween ready we added the cutest eye candies from Wilton. Make some with the traditional two eyes, others with three eyes and last but not least make some of the truffles with one eye. Either one you choose, you’ll love them all. They are melt in your mouth-good!
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Pet Ghost Pudding Cups from Big Bear’s Wife
- Hocus Pocus Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Monster Strawberry Cupcakes from 4 Sons R Us
- Chocolate Day of the Dead Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Small Batch Pumpkin Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- Bloody Red Eyed Velvet Cupcakes from Our Good Life
- Zombie Dirt Cups from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Caramel Apple Blondies from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Candy Corn Sprinkle Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Halloween Hash Snack Mix from Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Blossoms from For the Love of Food
- Hocus Pocus Cake Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Ghostly Freakyshake from Lemon Blossoms
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball ~ Festive Halloween Cheeseboard from West Via Midwest
- Candy Corn White Russian from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Monster Pumpkin Spice Caramel Cream Cheese Dip from Katie’s Cucina
- Halloween Bat Sugar Cookies from Intelligent Domestications
- Bloody Good Cherry Chip Bundt Cake from The Baking Fairy
What’s your favorite chocolate truffle flavor combination and have you made some at home?
Hi! I’m Paloma, CCC (Creative Content Creator) for My Sweet Zepol. I’m a high school student, love the outdoors – specially if it includes water and experimenting with new things; whether it’s new classes or new recipes. You’ll find me enjoying a dairy-free ice cream while listening to Hamilton and kicking up a step or two.