This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TailgateWithATwist #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias
I find that MorningStar Farms® products are the perfect solution for busy weekdays and entertaining. Specially for the upcoming tailgating season. We all love having a great time with family and friends, but food is always the star. I love easy entertaining and MorningStar Farms is always a life savior. That’s why today I’m sharing a great Winner Veggie Pulled Pork Phylo Cups recipe for Tailgating Season.
A one bite healthy appetizer is always a winner. We use a small indoor grill that I bring out when we want to enjoy the beautiful outdoors. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. I love incorporating veggie cuisine into my meals from time to time, specially when we are entertaining. It makes me proud to know that I am serving good, and delicious food to my family and friends. We usually indulge in high carb or high sugar products year round, I love bringing healthier options into our home. It’s a good lifestyle tip to keep year round.
Want another tip? Here’s a rebate for you to enjoy, valid on MorningStar Farms® Frozen Veggie. Buy 3 for any variety, any size. Grab this amazing offer here!
Tailgating during football season shouldn’t exclude those who prefer a vegetarian diet or want to have healthier options. MorningStar Farms® is the perfect solution for your upcoming “homegating” parties this football season. Here’s one of our favorite get-together appetizer made with a delicious veggie pulled pork, filled into some homemade phylo (fillo) cups, topped with a small amount of salsa, sour cream, cheese, and a sprinkle of cilantro. You can play with the toppings to fit your family or guests taste. Or mix and match to double the choices. I use MorningStar Farms® Veggie Pulled Pork and guess what?, it’s NEW! You’ll love it.
- 6 sheets Phylo Pastry Sheets, Fillo Dough
- 4 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 3 cups MorningStar Farms® Veggie Pulled Pork
- 1/2 cup Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Cilantro, optional
Homemade Fillo Cups
- Arrange a sheet of phyllo on a large cutting board (be sure to cover the remaining phyllo sheets with a slightly damp paper towel or plastic wrap) and brush the top with melted butter.
- Arrange another sheet on top of the first sheet and repeat, alternating butter and phyllo, until there are 6 layers. Brush the top layer with butter.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the phyllo into 12 approximately 3-by-3-inch squares.
- Fit 1 square snugly into each well of a 12-well muffin pan, gently pressing the phyllo into the bottom and up the sides of each well.
- Bake until the dough is lightly browned and crispy, about 5-10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack. When the cups are cool, remove them from the pan and set aside.
- The cups can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Veggie Pulled Pork Fillo Cups
- Start assembling the fillo cups but adding the veggie pulled pork first.
- Followed by the chunky salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese and a drizzle of cilantro, (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!
We also love MorningStar Farms® Chik Patties®. They are buffalo chik patties and I love food with some heat. Grill it to believe it! It’s amazing. Make yourself a veggie burger topped with lettuce, tomato, guacamole and sour cream and you are in heaven! It’s game changer and always a winner in my book.
MorningStar Farms products are an “as-is” meal solution. Great for the entire family, for busy working people; yes, you! and for general health-conscious people. I love meals that are quick, easy, and still help me (and my family) on our healthier lifestyle journey. I’m sure you feel the same way.
Check out more MorningStar Farms recipes here. You will be inspired and everyone will want seconds.
Give MorningStar Farms some love and follow them on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest
Where do I get my MorningStar Farms products? Easy, in my local Walmart. Walmart is one of my favorite places to go and grab all the ingredients, plus decor I need for our tailgating party.
Hi there! I’m Wanda – the creator and author at My Sweet Zepol a healthy food, travel, and lifestyle blog. Passionate about food photography, food styling, entertaining and advocate about creating memories around the kitchen table. With a mission to create easy-to-make meals for the busy family.