Back to school must haves for high school students!
It’s that time of year again, walking down the aisles of your local department stores and seeing those “Back-to-School” posters and school supplies by the dozens on sale. Every wallets nightmare and kids chances for clean and brand new school supplies. Though many of us students hate the thought of returning to school, we cannot resist the thought of shopping for a new year of learning. Here you can find a general list for school supplies, followed by some necessities I have found useful to have over the years.
General School Supplies Checklist:
- Lunch box
- Water bottle
- Pencil Box/Pouch
- Glue Sticks
- Colored pencils/ markers (optional, mainly for those into the arts)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Mini Stapler
- Tip: If you like them, over the years I have found folders to be more helpful for me
- Folders (optional)
- Notebooks/composition books
- Tip: I try to have at least 3 1-2 subject notebooks with me for the first day of school, but every class is different and you may find yourself going to the stores after school starts to get the right number and type of notebooks/composition books you may need.
- Locker accessories (optional)
- These may include: magnetic mirror, shelf divider, and magnetic white board calendar to stick on the locker for weekly reminders!
- Loose Leaf Notebook Paper (I recommend at least 2 packs)
- And last but not least, a flash drive
Now on to the extras that can be very useful for the school year:
- Travel-size deodorant to stay fresh
- Travel-size wipes to stay fresh
- Travel-size tissues for the cold winters and sick seasons
- Travel-size lotion
- Compact mirror
- Headphones and chargers for laptops and phones
- And finally, for my female friends:
- A small/medium makeup bag in which you can keep some makeup for touch ups
- Pads and travel-size Advil (or any pain medicine you love to take)
What are some of your “must haves” for when school comes around? Let me know in the comment section below!
Hi! I’m Paloma, CCC (Creative Content Creator) for My Sweet Zepol. I’m a college student, love the outdoors – especially if it includes water – and experimenting with new things; whether it’s new classes or new recipes. You’ll find me enjoying a slice of cake or ice cream while brainstorming the next fashionable outfit or post ideas.