This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
It’s strawberry season again and I am one happy girl. Look for Florida Strawberries in stores ALL winter long from November through April. You don’t have to wait until summer to enjoy sweet strawberries. If you don’t see Florida Strawberries in your store go ahead and ask their produce or store manager to carry Florida Strawberries. You will thank me later, trust me. Florida strawberries are sweet and juicy, pure deliciousness. The kind that will bring a big smile in your face and make you feel happy to know you are sticking to your new year”s resolution.
Fun strawberry facts!
- Did you know that Eight medium strawberries contain more vitamin C than one orange? I didn’t.
- They are low in calories (about 45 per serving) and high in ellagic acid, which is believed to help reduce the risk of cancer. A serving size of strawberries is one cup (5 oz.) I’m stocking up on strawberries!
- According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, nutrient-dense foods are those providing the greatest amounts of vitamins and minerals with the fewest calories. Strawberries fill the bill. Yuppi!
Strawberries has many other nutritional benefits. Learn them here.
To make even sweeter, I am sharing an appetizer recipe with you that will have your family and friends wanting more. It’s the perfect combination of flavors and works wonderfully before any meal or with “just” drinks!
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 24 pre-cut package Puff Pastry
- Fresh Strawberries
- Bri Cheese
- Fresh Basil
- To make the balsamic glaze, pour the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and salt into a small saucepan set over medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes or until it has reduced by about half.
- Pour into a mason jar and set aside. You will notice that the balsamic glaze has thickened even more.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the pre-cut pieces of puff pastry in a baking sheet prepped with parchment paper, 12 pieces at a time.
- The puff pastry pieces comes with holes already, but make extra with a fork.
- Top each pastry with a small amount of the Bri cheese.
- Bake for 14 minutes, rotating the pan after 7 minutes, or until pastry is light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool completely.
- Slice fresh strawberries and top each piece of pastry with about 2 slices of strawberries.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over each puff pastry.
Creating a combination of appetizer recipes has been a lifesaver for me. We have friends over on Friday nights, for chats, drinks and laughter…lots of laughter. My daughter loves having friends over and as a mom of a teenager, I love having them over too. And there is the occasional unexpected guest, which is something I have learned to master. Appetizers are the best, specially when you use fresh seasonal ingredients. Make some appetizers, choose the ones you enjoy the most and try some season fruits. Once your guests are walking into your home you will feel in control, because you know you’ve got this. Hosting will become one of your favorite things to do, if it’s not already.
Want to win a trip to Florida? Florida Strawberry has a fun game for you to enter. I already did. Simply snap a picture with Florida strawberries, upload it, tag it with #flstrawberrycap and get a free cap. The giveaway ends on February 12, 2017. Airfare, accommodations, and a tour of a strawberry farm in Plant City for up to 4 people are included. Please visit Florida Strawberry Cap contest for contest information and official rules.
Visit Florida Strawberry and learn more about what they do and where to find their delicious and sweet strawberries. Plus, share the love by following them on social media; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, and YouTube.
- Balsamic & Brown Sugar Strawberry Canapés by My Sweet Zepol
- Fresh Mozzarella Strawberry Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Foccaccio by Healing Tomato
- Strawberry Avocado Crostini by Beauty and the Beets
- Strawberry Mango Salsa with Whole Wheat Cinnamon Chips by Meghan On The Move
- Strawberry Panzanella Salad by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Feta and Strawberry Tabouleh Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Strawberry Caprese Salad with Balsamic and Mint by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken by Katie’s Cucina
- Strawberry Salad with Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Family Around The Table
- Pork Chops with Balsamic-Strawberry Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Pan-Seared Sea Bass with Butternut Squash and Strawberry Sauce by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Strawberry Pesto Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Buttermilk Cake by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Strawberry Pavlova with Lemon Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberries Romanoff by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Strawberry Pound Cake Kabobs With Chocolate Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
- Lightened-Up Strawberry Mille-Feuille by Girl Abroad
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.