I haven’t met a man that doesn’t love pies. My husband and the men in my family loves a good pie. Here’s my recipe for chocolate pecan pie that I make over and over specially during special occasions.
Hope you love it as much as my family does and spend a fabulous day with your father, husband, son(s) or friend(s). Make this pie and share, they’ll love you for it!
- 1 (9in.) Pie Shell
- 1 1/2 cups Pecans
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Brandy
- pinch Salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread pecans and chocolate chips evenly on the bottom of the pie shell. Set aside.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together is a medium bowl.
- Pour the filling over the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake until the filling sets 50-60 minutes, (I baked my pie for 50 minutes).
Note: Keep an eye on the crust, the border tends to burn. You may have to cover them with some foil or a pie edge cover.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with a dust of powder sugar and a scoop of vanilla ice cream (optional).
I enjoy my piece of pie with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream or a hot cup of coffee. Depending on the mood and company. Either way you choose to enjoy your piece of chocolate pecan pie I am sure you’ll love it and want to make it again and again. You can also add any nut you wish to. Almonds, walnuts or no nuts. Make it your own!
Now, tell me what is your favorite pie to have and share with others?