It’s that time of the year! Pumpkin spice lattes are here and every pumpkin recipe imaginable starts showing up in your feed. It’s like magic and we all love it. At least I do! It also represents the ending of Summer and the welcoming of Fall. Cooler days, changing colors of the leaves, layering on outfits, some ankle boots, and a whole lot of warm comfort food.
In honor of the changes of the seasons, here is my go to homemade pumpkin spice blend. Always have pumpkin pie spice in hand for when needed, it’s super fast to make and so easy too!
- 4 tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg, or ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Store at room temperature for up to 6 months in an air tight container or jar.
- Shake well before each use.
Now, tell me, which is your favorite season? I enjoy them all. Every season has its own charm, but there is just something about Winter that brings a romance in me. Maybe the colder days, the snow, the thought of family gathering around the table, laughing and enjoying food together, or maybe it’s all of the above.
Hi there! I’m Wanda – the creator and author at My Sweet Zepol a healthy food, travel, and lifestyle blog. Passionate about food photography, food styling, entertaining and advocate about creating memories around the kitchen table. With a mission to create easy-to-make meals for the busy family.