Ice cream is one of my girls favorite summer treat. Rain or shine they can go for some ice cream. So can I. I bet you could too.
During one beautiful, yet rainy day, we were all craving something decadent, creamy, chocolaty, and satisfying. Ice cream was just what came to mind and I immediately started desiring it. After searching I noticed I had no eggs left. Hear me out, eggs don’t last long in our house. We should own some chickens. It’s not a possibility in my neighborhood, but I do wish we could. I could enjoy eggs everyday without running out. Which takes me back to my childhood where we had hundreds of roosters and chickens. Those days will forever be in my heart.
After gathering the ingredients needed I went right to work in no time there was ice cream churning away. Egg-less ice cream is as good as those that include egg in the recipe. Perfect for spare of the moment chocolate ice cream cravings. Give it a try, here’s how I made it.
- 1 cup Dutch Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 2/3 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Milk, whole
- 3 1/4 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, using a whisk combine the cocoa powder and both sugars.
- Add milk and keep on whisking until the sugars are dissolved.
- Stir in heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into your ice cream maker and churn for 25 to 30 minutes or until mixture is thick, soft and creamy.
- Transfer to airtight container and freeze at least 2 hours or until ice cream is to a desired consistency.
- Before serving, let ice cream sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes to soften enough for easy scooping.
- Serve on a bowl, cup or ice cream cone.
- Top with desired nuts, sprinkles, whipped cream and fruits; like a cherry.
See? Easy peasy! Enjoy your chocolate craving and make memories around your kitchen table. Your family, friends and yourself will love this easy recipe and make it all the time!
Now, tell me, what’s your favorite ice cream flavor? You know mine, chocolate!