Did you know how easy it is to make marshmallow? Today we are talking about homemade strawberry swirl marshmallow! The beauty of the pink marshmallow doesn’t make justice to the strawberry flavor and smell they have. Making them with fresh strawberries and high quality products is the only way to go. This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
These gorgeous pink homemade strawberry marshmallows are surprisingly easy to make and perfect for s’mores, hot chocolate and even to give out as treats. Who doesn’t love a cute and delicious homemade gift?
- 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries, puree
- 3 packets Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Corn Syrup
- 2 cups Sugar, we used Dixie Crystals
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, we used Twice as Strong Vanilla Extract from Adam's Extract
- 1 teaspoon Strawberry Extract, we used Adam's Extract
- 1/4 cup Powder Sugar, we used Dixie Crystals
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- Mix powder sugar with the cornstarch in a bowl and set aside.
- Prepare a 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Coat the bottom with a very thin layer of coconut oil. Coat bottom and sides with the powder sugar and cornstarch mixture. Return the remaining mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- Blend the strawberries in a food processor or blender until smooth. Pour the strawberry mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer, and sprinkle with the gelatin. Mix until well combine. Place the whisk attachment. You'll come back here in a little bit.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the corn syrup, sugar, salt and water. Place over medium high heat, cover and allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Uncover, clip a candy thermometer onto the side of the pan and continue to cook until the mixture reaches 240 degrees F, approximately 7 to 8 minutes. When the mixture reaches this temperature, immediately remove from the heat.
- Turn the mixture fitted with the whisk attachment to low speed and while running slowly pour the sugar syrup down the side of the bowl into the gelatin mixture. When all of the sugar has been added, increase the speed to high and beat 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture is a light shiny pink color and just slightly warm to the touch.
- Add the vanilla during the last few minutes of beating time. Swirl in the strawberry extract which will leave the pink swirl effect.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly using a spatula coated with coconut oil. Sprinkle with powder sugar mixture and let stand for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Turn the marshmallows out onto a cutting board and cut into 1-inch squares using a pizza cutter or knife dusted with the sugar mixture. After cutting, lightly dust all the sides of each marshmallow with the remaining mixture. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks at room temperature. If they last that long. (wink)
For this recipe we used Dixie Crystals powder sugar, Twice as Strong Vanilla Extract and Strawberry Extract from Adam’s Extract. We also used some cute cupcake paper cups from Sweets & Treats to display individual servings of marshmallow making it easier for kids and guest to grab and enjoy. The 9×13 inch pan we used is from Wilton. Go and check them out for a list of products and more inspiration.
You know what else we’re up to this summer? We joined some great friends to bring you an amazing giveaway plus lots of delicious dessert recipes! You’ll want to make them all, the good news is that you can make them anytime you want.
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Mermaid Pineapple RumDum from Big Bear’s Wife
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- Cotton Candy Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Drumstick Layered Dessert from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mermaid Milkshakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mojito Popsicles from The Spiffy Cookie
- Fried Ice Cream Cake from Cookaholic Wife
- Unicorn Milkshake from For The Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Mojito Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Pina Colada Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemonade Cupcakes from The Domestic Kitchen
- Summer Sangria Cake from A Blender Mom
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Cupcakes from Doughmesstic
- Sunflower Cupcakes from Home Sweet Homestead
- Easy Pina Colada Poke Cake from Love and Confections
- Classic Vanilla Cupcakes + Summer Cupcake Decorating from Books n’ Cooks
- Almond Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Peach Upside Down Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Jam Breakfast Cake with Streusel from Shockingly Delicious
- Summer Berry Cupcakes with Lemon Icing from Nancie’s Table
No Bake Treats:
- Million Dollar Bar Pies from Fake Ginger
- Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Eat Move Make
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake from Cooking With Carlee
- S’mores Cheesecake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Cheesecake Shortbread Bars from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Drumstick Babka from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Raspberry Lemon Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
- Peach Streusel Crumb Bars from Blogghetti
- White Tea Peach Panna Cotta from Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Lemonade Lollipops from Our Good Life
What’s your favorite summer dessert?