Dedicated to cake, chocolate, sugar arts and more!
It’s sweet all over and happens once a year. Yes!!! You guessed it, The Americas Cake Fair (Cake Fair), the largest trade and consumer show in North and South America, rolls into the Orange County Convention Center on October 13-15, 2017.
More than 10,000 baking professionals, industry buyers, pastry chefs, cake artists, retail bakers, hobbyists and everyday foodies from around the world are expected to attend the three-day celebration. I’ll be there, will you? Hopefully you will and we can meet up. I love meeting up with friends.
First things first, headlining the live theater (main stage) is “Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro. Mich Turner, whose clientele includes The Queen of England, Madonna and David Beckham. Second, pastry genius Ron Ben-Israel, named “the Manolo Blahnik of wedding cakes” by The New York Times. Next is, Nancy Fuller, host of Food Network’s Farmhouse Rules. Last, but not least, we have Natalie and Dave Sideserf; husband-wife hosts of Food Network’s Texas Cake House.
With presentations by sponsor brand; Domino Sugar, demonstrations by cake designers Erin Gardner, Paul Bradford, Shawna McGreevy, Avalon Yarnes and Edwald Notter. Plus award ceremonies for live challenges and cake competitions, round out the main stage line-up. Keeping the fun “rolling” along is; Main Stage Host & Celebrity Chef Emily Ellyn aka; Retro Rad Chef from Food Network.
While, seeing is believing (and inspiring!), attendees can build their skills at more than 100 hands-on classes, demonstrations and business seminars taught by the world’s most skilled cake decorators and industry professionals. From the art of airbrushing to mastering chocolate modeling, all classes and demonstrations will provide instruction on the latest techniques. All classes are three hours in duration and must be booked in advance online.
Other Cake Fair features include:
- The Sugar Art Fashion Show on Friday evening, October 13, with models working the catwalk wearing cake costumes and edible ensembles, Benefiting Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.
- An exclusive VIP Meet & Greet on Saturday, October 14, where guests can meet and mingle with their favorite television personalities, headliners and cake artists.
- Live Global Cake and Chocolate Challenges, where international teams and individuals will battle for top honors.
- Traditional cake competitions.
- Themed “zones” sprinkled around the show floor. Including a Kids Zone for a yummy interactive experience for budding cake artists. The American Cake Decorating Magazine Cake Zone for a delectable introduction to fondant and other skills
- An exhibit hall overflowing with products and services, including some items for cash and carry.
Plus, attendees can enjoy sweet savings by purchasing tickets online, and can save even more when attending the show on multiple, consecutive days. Prices start from $30 for regular, single-day adult admission with advance online purchase.
For the record, advance registration is highly recommended for hands-on classes, demonstrations, and Retail Bakers Association seminars. Cake Fair is hosted by Satin Ice. Partners and sponsors of The Americas Cake Fair include American Cake Decorating; Ateco; Cake Masters; Dawn; DecoPac; Domino Sugar; Guittard Chocolate Company; Pillsbury; Retail Bakers of America; and Sterling Bank.
Finally, stay up to date on Cake Fair event updates, special offers and exclusive contests by following the show on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@cakefair). For more information, visit http://www.cakefair.com.
Disclosure: Digital Ambassador for The Americas Cake Fair. In exchange for my time and efforts in attending the show and reporting my opinion within this blog, The Americas Cake Fair has provided me with complimentary tickets.