The weather has been absolute beautiful with some days hotter than others. Which makes us all crave all the berries we can get our hands on. Whenever we head to the local market all we turn towards to are the fresh fruit stands. You can make just about any dessert, treat or drink with a handful of fresh fruits.
Raspberry Custard Bars with an Almond Shortbread Crust
Creamy, tangy and nutty bars perfect for summer. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and invite your friends over for a treat!
Almond Shortbread Crust
- 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 6 tablespoons Almond Flour
- 2 tablepoons 2 teaspoons Sugar, we used Dixie Crystals
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 6 tablespoons Butter, cold
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons 2 teaspoons All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 large Egg, room temperature
- 1 large Egg Yolk, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon Freshly Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, we used Adam's Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Amaretto or Brandy
- 6 ounces Fresh Raspberries
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all purpose flour, almond flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Cut the butter into roughly pea sized pieces over the flour mixture. Knead the mixture with your hands until a coarse dough forms.
- Press the dough into a long rectangle tart pan (14x4.5 inches) until it is evenly distributed and flat. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the meantime start the custard. Warm the cream in a medium-size pot over low heat. Add the flour, sugar, salt, cornstarch, and butter. Mix well. Continue to warm the mixture, stilling constantly until it is hot but not boiling.
- Place the egg and egg yolk in a medium-size pot over low heat. Slowly ladle some of the cream mixture into the egg mixture, whisking all the time. Continue adding the cream to the eggs in this gradual manner until half of the cream mixture has been blended into the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the cream mixture and whisk well. Allow the custard to thicken for 3 minutes over very low heat, whisking constantly. Never allow the mixture to boil. Remove from the heat, stir in the freshly ground nutmeg, add in the vanilla extract and amaretto or brandy.
- Layers half of the fresh raspberries on the crust, pour the custard over them and finish by topping the remaining raspberries over. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the custard is set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before serving. Note: Raspberry Custard Bars with an almond shortbread crust is perfect paired with coffee, hot cocoa or a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
We have joined some amazing friends that like you are passionate about summer and desserts! Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
For this recipe we used Dixie Crystals pure cane sugar and Adam’s Extract Twice as Strong Vanilla Extract. Give them some love and check their sites for a list of products and more inspiration.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream from Fake Ginger
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from Nik Snacks
- Butterscotch Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Individual Mermaid Ice Cream Treats from Family Around the Table
- Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Bon Bons from Cooking With Carlee
Pies of Summer:
- Creamy Peach Pie Delight from Who Needs A Cape?
- Key Lime Coconut Pie from Doughmesstic
- Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Fresh Strawberry Pies from Cheese Curds in Paradise
- Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie from Sweet Beginnings
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Coconut Custard Almond Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake from The Beard and The Baker
- Fiesta Lime Cupcakes from My Baking Heart
- Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Ice Cream Cone Drip Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Berries Pavlova Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Buttermilk Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Charlotte A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mermaid Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Vanilla Icebox Cake from Books n’ Cooks
- Peach-Basil Coffee Cake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake from Our Good Life
No Bake Treats:
- No Bake Lemon Chiffon Dessert from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Cheesecake from Desserts Required
- Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad from 4 Sons R Us
- Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Blogghetti
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake from Everyday Eileen
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dessert from Creative Southern Home
- Sea Shell Beach Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mermaid Splash Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake from A Blender Mom
- Cruise Ship Strawberry Crepes from Southern From Scratch
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
- Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake from Shockingly Delicious
- Blackberry Roly Poly from Nancie’s Table
- Strawberry Monkey Bread from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Caramel Corn Cheesecake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Cheesecake with Blackberry Compote from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas from Jen Around the World
- Sunflower Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orange Creamsicle Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Viennese Whirls from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mason Jar Caramel Banana Pudding from For the Love of Food
Hope you enjoyed this Raspberry Custard Bars with an Almond Shortbread Crust treat and can’t wait to hear from you when you make it at home. What’s your go-to fruit to enjoy during summer time? We love making these raspberry custard bars any time of the day!
Hi there! I’m Wanda – the creator and author at My Sweet Zepol a healthy food, travel, and lifestyle blog. Passionate about food photography, food styling, entertaining and advocate about creating memories around the kitchen table. With a mission to create easy-to-make meals for the busy family.
I’ve never made almond shortbread crusts, need to change that. These bars looks so good!
That does! They are so easy and delicious!
Raspberry is one of my favorite flavors and these bars are looking delicious. I really like how the berries look after baking them!
They look beautiful and taste amazing!
You’ve inspired me to finally use the tart pan I bought and make these!
I’m so glad this inspired you! I hope you love them as much as I do!
what a great finger food dessert to serve at a summer picnic
It’s perfect for a picnic!
There is only one thing wrong here….I do not have a batch with me right now!
I couldn’t agree more! We need to make some ASAP!
I love all of the raspberries in these custard bars! Making them asap!
They are so good!
These look amazing. I love shortbread, so I cannot wait to try these.
I love them! Sweet yet a little tangy!
That almond crust sounds perfect with the custard and berries.
It is and a much healthier version for those sensitive to gluten.
These are so pretty and I love them with the pink dishes! (which I’m now coveting)
Aren’t they the cutest?
These are so beautiful! I love that little berry tucked into each bite- these look delicious!
Perfection in every bite!
I love any desserts made with shortbread!
I do too!
Such a delicious dessert! The berries are perfect and the shortbread crust, yum!
Yum, I am in love with that custard filling! The bars look amazing!
I am too! It’s so yummy!
I love the sound of the almond shortbread and that custard with raspberries looks amazing!!
Almond shortbread sounds amazing paired with raspberry. My family will love these bars.
They will these bars are amazing!
These look divine! And that almond shortbread crust looks so good.
It’s a must-try!
I’m not usually a big custard fan but these look amazing. And that almond shortbread crust – YUM!
The custard is barely noticeable and the bars are amazing to try!