Creamy, sweet and perfect in every bite is the best way to describe this Strawberry and Cream Croissant Bread Pudding topped with a homemade Strawberry Compote. You will want this for breakfast, brunch or as a dessert on mid a afternoon topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
When it comes to baking I love it all. The measuring, the combination of flavors, the textures, the smell, and the big smiles on my family and friends faces. I’m a baker at heart and my heart speaks the food language. You know what that is? I say “I love you” with cookies, “I’m sorry” with pie, “I’m here for you” with a homemade ice cream or baked Alaska, “You got this” with cupcakes or muffins and so on. Get it? Food speaks and I love every bit of it!
Now, let’s get back on track, here is the recipe for this strawberry and cream croissant bread pudding and lets not forget that amazing homemade strawberry compote. YUM! Are you drooling already? Yes, I hear you! Drooling is aloud.
Make this strawberry and cream croissant bread pudding, here’s how:
- 6 mini Croissants, 1-2 days old
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Powder Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Milk, can be heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Powder Sugar, for dusting over
- 1-2 cups Homemade Strawberry Compote, link for the recipe found below
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Make the cream cheese mixture by mixing the softened cream cheese, lemon zest and powder sugar together.
- Slice each croissant in half lengthwise. Slather one side with the cream cheese mixture and put them together as a sandwich. Cut into pieces. About 1 inch.
- Add the pieces in a small baking dish. a 10x5 loaf pan will do. Note: If you are doubling the recipe, use a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Make the custard. Add eggs, milk (or cream), vanilla extract, and salt to a medium bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the custard over the croissants and gently push down the bread to the custard starts to absorb.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking uncovered for about 10 more minutes. Until the bread pudding is golden brown, has risen slightly and the liquid has been completely absorbed.
- Make your homemade Strawberry Compote and set it aside.
- Remove bread pudding from the oven and let cool just a bit.
- Sprinkle with powder sugar.
- Serve with a spoonful of homemade Strawberry Compote and enjoy!
Nothing says love like breakfast in bed, right? Just kidding! We love breakfast in bed, who doesn’t, but we also love family, traveling, and endless mimosas. Yes, please!
Share with me, do you like bread pudding? I wasn’t a fan until I started making it myself. Swapping regular bread for croissants makes the whole difference in the world. At least it does to me. I love mixing the recipe up with seasonal fruits and playing with the flavor combinations. I make a killer Hazelnut Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding, you’ll love that one too with a drizzle of maple syrup is to die for. OMG, you can even scoop that vanilla ice cream we mentioned earlier and turn it into dessert. Who’s thinking “gathering”? I am. The perfect girls night in or friends over kind of night. I’m sure that goes well with wine, right? Brainstorming here!
Anyways, make this amazing recipe and tell me what your thoughts are. Enjoy, my friends!