- 1/2 cup Sugar, Dixie Crystals
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar, Dixie Crystals
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, Adam's Extract
- 2 quarts Vegetable Oil, for frying the chocolate churros in
For chocolate sauces
- 3 1/2 ounces Milk Chocolate, for the sauce (optional)
- 3 1/2 ounces White Chocolate, for the sauce (optional)
- 3 1/2 ounces Dark Chocolate, for the sauce (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream, divided to make three sauces (optional)
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar with 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and set aside.
- Next, mix the all purpose flour and unsweetened cocoa powder until well combined and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the water, sugar, salt and vegetable oil. Bring the mixture to a boil then remove it from the heat. Stir in the flour mixture, mixing until it forms a ball. Let it cool a bit before working with it.
- Heat 3 to 4 inches of vegetable oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot set over medium-high heat until it reaches 375 degrees.
- Using a pastry bag and a large star pastry tip start pipping the chocolate churros to your liking. They can be straight sticks, round shapes or any other shape you like. Tip: Maybe hearts for Valentine's Day! Yes, I know, it's all in the imagination. Go for it!
- Another tip: I pipped the chocolate churros onto a large plate and transferred them into the oil to fry on small batches. This process made it more comfortable and easy to work with.
- Cook for 3 minutes turning after 1 minute. Remove from oil with slotted spoon: drain on paper towels.
- Add warm churros to sugar mixture you have set aside. Toss to coat evenly.
Make the chocolate sauces
- Warm the heavy cream in a small saucepan, do not let it bowl. Pour the heavy cream over the chopped chocolate of choice. Let it sit for 1 minute then stir to combine.
- Dip each chocolate churro into the chocolate sauce of your choice and enjoy!
Sponsored items used in this recipe:
- Dixie Crystals – granulated sugar
- Adam’s Extract – Adam’s Best Vanilla Extract
- Susquehanna Glass Co – Glasses
Check out other easy treats and snacks recipes on my blog!
We love bringing people together and summer is one of the best seasons for it. The kids absolutely love running around, being outdoors, jumping into the pool and eating everything on site. That’s why making easy treats and snacks is a must during this season. Who wants to be in the kitchen all day? NO one!
This post is part of an celebration. What’s better? Maybe nothing else other than there’s a giveaway and more recipes bellow. Stay a little longer and welcome to the 2nd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This sweet week-long event is filled with fun dessert recipes from amazing bloggers and some great giveaways from our generous sponsors! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with y’all and celebrate summertime sweets all week long!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Green Tea Ice Cream from Mildly Meandering
Pies of Summer:
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Lemon Chiffon Raspberry Parfait from Desserts Required
- S’mores Mousse Parfaits from Daily Dish Recipes
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Parfaits from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- No-Bake Coconut Cream Pie In A Jar from A Southern Soul
- Strawberry Glazed Donut Bites from Eat Move Make
- Mixed Berry Fruit Pizza from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Cake Donuts from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemon Doberge Squares from Southern From Scratch
- Mini Blueberry Galettes from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Chocolate Churros (recipe posted above)
- Key Lime Fudge from The Domestic Kitchen
- Chocolate Strawberry Eclairs from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from A Blender Mom
- Sweet Tea Bread Pudding from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Cream Puffs from For the Love of Food
There are 23 wonderful bloggers participating in this year’s event! With over 60 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week too!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – One bottle of Adams Best Vanilla Flavor, Adams Best Prize Winning Pound Cake Mix, Adams Extract Twice as Stong Vanilla and Adams Extract Lemon Extract
Prize #3– Red Star Yeast is giving away an Insulated Tote Bag, “I Knead to be Loaved” Apron, “The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” Cookbook, Printed recipe ebook, Yeast (three 3-strips of Platinum), French Rolling Pin, Measuring Spoons, Bench Scraper/ Dough Cutter, Dough Whisk, Oven Mitt and Kitchen Towel
Prize #4 — Susquehanna Glass Co. is giving away one set (4 glasses) of Mermaids Stemless Wine Glasses. (like the Mermaid glasses you’ll see in some of our recipes this week!)
Prize #5 — Lodge Cast Iron is giving away one (1) 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. No PO Boxes Please. giveaway runs from July 9th until July 15th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Red Star Yeast, Susquehanna Glass Co. and Lodge Cast Iron! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
What’s your favorite summer treat? Maybe chocolate churros!!! Share with me in the comment section below.