Baking is one of my love languages. And baking cookies are my favorite kind of baking. Are you a baking addict or do you just enjoy eating the baked goods?
Chocolate is one of those sweets I crave the most after any meal. I am usually looking for different ways to add chocolate to my desserts. Then I came across a chocolate cookie recipe that was pretty good. It just needed a little more, you know, chocolate. That’s where the threat part comes into play. These cookies are extremely addictive, don’t say I didn’t warned you. I know you will enjoy them and will wish you had made more when they are all gone.
- 1 1/3 cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Baking Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup, (1 stick) Butter, (softened)
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Chocolate Candies, (M&M's)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place a parchment paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave an additional 10 to 15 second intervals until morsels are melted. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a large bowl mixer beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy.
- Add melted chocolate and mix well
- Add egg and vanilla extract, mix until well blended.
- Toss in the flour mixture and combine gently.
- Add in the chocolate candies, (M&M's).
- The dough will be more runny than your usual cookie dough. It will seem to harden as time goes by.
- Use a small ice cream scoop, (or spoon) and leave about 1-2 inches between cookies. Trust me, you will need to leave some room for growth. These cookies will spread out.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
I’m a sucker for anything chocolate, could you tell? Tell me, what’s your favorite cookie flavor?