I partnered with Zulily to bring you this post about 10 easy desserts for Christmas Day Dinner. While I may have been compensated, all opinions are my own.
When it comes to the holidays nothing brings people together more than food. Actually, when it comes to anything in life, nothing brings people together more than food. A good meal, a coffee break with a treat, treats during recess at school, brunch, lunch, date night at a restaurant, meetings at a restaurant, food truck events and so on You get the point. That’s why today we are talking about 10 easy desserts for Christmas day dinner. Or Christmas Eve or New Year’s eve. This list of desserts works for any festivity.
10 easy desserts to make during Christmas dinner
- Berries Vanilla Pies. This may be one of my favorite desserts. It’s a great “make ahead of time” dessert. Warm the berries pies for a few seconds in the microwave before serving and top with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream. It’s a great way to use the frozen berries you collected during summer or fall. Making it a perfect Christmas dessert.
- Brownie Cookies with Mascarpone Frosting. Most of us gravitate towards something chocolaty and indulgent. That’s exactly what these brownie cookies with mascarpone frosting will do and everyone that takes a bite into them will want seconds, so make extra.
- Chocolate Swirl Meringues. If you are looking for a super easy dessert to make and impress all of your guests with I’ve got one for you right here. Only 5 ingredients. Chocolate swirl meringues that are crunchy and chocolate. What’s not to love?
- Raspberry Custard Bars with an Almond Shortbread Crust. Is one of those desserts that can easily turn into breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up. Creamy, tangy and nutty. There’s nothing as delicious as an almond shortbread crust to host a creamy custard and fresh raspberries. You can easily swap the raspberry for your favorite berry. Blackberries, strawberries or even blueberries. Make it your own.
- Strawberry Compote Pavlova Parfaits. This recipe requires a few steps but if you are one that loves canning and preserving fresh fruits you’ll love this recipe! The rest of the steps are easier once you have your fruit compote done and out of the way. This dessert is one that brings smiles in everyone’s faces. It’s beautifully layered and all the flavors work so great together, but you can display it in beautiful and practical mason jars for everyone to take home.
- Strawberry Vanilla Panna Cotta. An European vanilla custard texture dessert topped with a fresh strawberry sauce surprising every smooth tablespoon a tangy taste. Perfect for dinner parties or gatherings. A beautifully layered dessert. Plus, it’s easier to make than you may think. Give it a try and surprise everyone during your Christmas Day dinner.
- The Best Dairy Free Cheesecake. Who doesn’t love a good cheesecake? My hand is raised and I bet yours is too. The creaminess and sweetness of a cheesecake is just addictive. In a good way! Perfect for any guest that’s lactose intolerant without losing any of the cream cheese flavor or texture. It’s divine and a favorite in our house.
- Chocolate and Cream Panna Cotta. Another absolutely creamy and delicious Panna Cotta recipe. An European chocolate custard dessert that will impress everyone. They will not know what you just served them and will think it took you hours to make. It really won’t, I promise!
- Apple Caramel Crumb Pie. A twist to the all traditional apple pies. With a crumb topping and a caramel sauce dripping down its sides making it all around delicious. Making it one of the best Christmas desserts to enjoy during Christmas dinner this year.
- Hot Cocoa Angel Food Cake Roll. Years ago I made this hot cocoa cake roll for dinner at a friends house and it was the perfect ending to a fun night. Warm, soft, creamy, nostalgic and simply delicious. You can’t go wrong with some hot cocoa, and that’s why I’m sure you’ll love this hot cocoa angel food cake roll.
There’s something special and magical about the holidays, especially Christmas day. And I have more tips for you. Grab the ultimate 18 tips and tricks to Cook Christmas Dinner like a pro with 18 tips to preparing for Christmas dinner. Steps that can be tweaked for any occasion. Thanksgiving, New Years Day, a birthday celebration, anniversary party or any gathering you may have during the year that requires preparations ahead of time.
Now that you have tips to prepare for Christmas dinner and have the best desserts to enjoy on Christmas day and more to last you until New Year’s why not share with us- What are your favorite Christmas desserts? Share in the comment section below.
Hi there! I’m Wanda – the creator and author at My Sweet Zepol a healthy food, travel, and lifestyle blog. Passionate about food photography, food styling, entertaining and advocate about creating memories around the kitchen table. With a mission to create easy-to-make meals for the busy family.